Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
This recipe was one of my grand mama’s recipes that I found in my mom's recipe box when she passed away. I’m just "guesstimating" on the prep and cook times. This is a taste of my German heritage.
Top Review by VanessaJ
Super easy recipe and very healthy (especially if you use turkey smoked sausage). The only thing I would add is salt and pepper when cooking. As is, it is quite bland and so I used malt vinegar after I cooked it to add flavor.
- 6 cups coarsly chopped green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots, peeled and washed
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 5 tablespoons canola oil (or chef's choice)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet over medium heat add oil.
- Heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add smoked sausage; cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and cabbage.
- Add water.
- Cover with lid; simmer for 25 or until cabbage is tender and water is absorbed. You might need a little more water.