Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Prep time does not include waiting to cool down completely over night. :-)
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix or 1 (3 ounce) package vegetarian pudding mix
- 250 g butter, unsalted
- Prepare pudding according to package direction.
- Cover (so it will not get that icky skin) and let completely cool down over night.
- Do NOT put it in the fridge.
- Lay butter next to it, so butter and pudding will have the same temperature later.
- On the next day, mix butter with mixer on medium speed until it is fluffy.
- Add pudding- one spoon after the other.
- Mix constantly.
- If pudding is mixed completely with the butter, blend everything well some seconds, so that it is mixed up completely and is free of lumps.
- TIP: Please do not use fat reduced products or a cheap pudding- the taste will not as good as with rich ingredients.
i am from germany and this is my favorit cake. i was happy to find an american version. It comes very close to my german recepe and it is very easy to bake.
I really liked this recipe! I used it to top off my german donauwelle kuchen, and it turned out great! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
I really thought I was going to love this recipe, and it is good, but just not what I expected. I think it has too much of a buttery taste for me. I still think it is a good recipe and will probably try it again. It is easy to make.