Prep 3 hrs
Cook 9 mins
My mom used to make these German cookies around X-mas time every year. Awesome! They are also great year round.
- Mix Flower, sugar, vanilla, butter, lemon peels+ eggs all together to be mixed in food processor beat on high level, approx.
- 3 minutes.
- Knead dough w/yr hands until smooth+ gather dough into a ball.
- Place dough 2 hours in refrigerator for resting.
- Cover w/parchment paper.
- Knead dough thoroughly, form sticks finger sized, place in S-form on baking tray (parchment paper for non sticking), let them go numb in the refrigerator.
- Dip the upper side of formed and numbed Butter-S cookie dough into the egg white and than in coarse sugar.
- Return to the tray.
- Preheat+ cook at 350°F in oven, 8-10 minutes until light-yellow.
- Let stand on bars until cool.
- Store in a can (up to 3-4 weeks) on a cold place w/parchment paper between layers.