Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Woman's Day magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) box brownie mix
- 2 eggs (or per brownie mix directions)
- 2 tablespoons water (or per brownie mix directions)
- 1⁄4 cup oil (or per brownie mix directions)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15 X 10-in. rimmed baking sheet with foil, letting foil extend above pan on both ends. Coat foil with non-stick spray.
- Mix coconut, pecans, brown sugar and butter in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package for cake-like brownies. Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with coconut mixture.
- Bake approximately 25 minute Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Lift foil ends onto cutting board and cut brownie crosswise in thirds. Beat cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until moist, stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- To assemble: Place one brownie layer, nut side up, on serving platter. Spread top with one cup whipped cream. Repeat with remaining layers and cream, ending with cake. Frost sides with remaining cream. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- To serve: Cut with a serrated knife in 1-in. slices; cut each slice in half.