Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Translated from the original recipe of Hedwig Maria Stuber.
- 600 g fresh broccoli or 600 g frozen broccoli
- 2 onions, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 liter beef broth
- 2 lbs potatoes, boiled and cut into slices
- 1 lb old gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs, mixed with
- 1⁄8 liter milk
- chipped almonds or sliced almonds
- Defrost the broccoli if frozen.
- Saute the onions in the hot butter till soft.
- Add the broth.
- Heat up the broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Get the souffle baking pan and butter it.
- Put in the potatoe slices.
- Add salt and pepper and half the cheese.
- Add the broccoli.
- Pour in the broth.
- Season the milk and egg mixture with salt, pepper, and nutmeg and pour over the broccoli.
- Pour the second half of the cheese on top and almond slices.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.