1/2 Photos of German Bratwurst
weekend cooker's Note:
The tangy mustard and brown sugar makes this quick and easy bratwurst recipe worth trying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to paper towels, (save bacon for another use, then drain reserving 4 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- 3In the drippings, cook bratwurst for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 4Remove, and keep warm, and drain skillet.
- 5In a bowl, combine cornstarch, and broth until smooth, set aside.
- 6Add mustard, brown sugar, wine, vinegar, and celery seed to skillet.
- 7Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is hot, and bubbly.
- 8Gradually add cornstarch mixture, and bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 9Return bratwurst to pan, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until glazed.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Bratwurst
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.3
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 1028.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 13.9 g