The tangy mustard and brown sugar makes this quick and easy bratwurst recipe worth trying.
Make and share this German Bratwurst recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to paper towels, (save bacon for another use, then drain reserving 4 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- In the drippings, cook bratwurst for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove, and keep warm, and drain skillet.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, and broth until smooth, set aside.
- Add mustard, brown sugar, wine, vinegar, and celery seed to skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is hot, and bubbly.
- Gradually add cornstarch mixture, and bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return bratwurst to pan, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until glazed.