1/1 Photo of German Baked Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
This is a baked cheesecake with shortcrust pastry instead of biscuit base, which comes pretty close to the 'real thing'. In Germany, we use 'quark' instead of cream cheese, which is somewhat lighter in texture. After much experimentation, I came up with this one. I did not include a recipe for shortcrust, I'm sure there are excellent ones around. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blind bake the shortcrust in a springform pan for about 20 minutes, till light brown.
- 2Mix the following until creamy: cream cheese, sour cream, oil, egg yolks, sugar, starch and vanilla bean (I think it's really important to use real vanilla. The little black dots are key! You can use some fake aroma additionally, if required). The amount of sugar depends on your sweet tooth.
- 3Beat the egg white until soft peaks form. Fold under cheese mixture.
- 4Now spread it over the base, and bake at 180°C for about 50-60 minutes. You want it to be light brown on top, and rather firm to the touch - not entirely wobbly!
- 5Let it cool for a bit and eat warm with some whipped cream. Yum, my favorite!
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Baked Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.6
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 181.8 mg
- Sodium 364.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: