From a cookery course I attended in Brisbane, Q'ld presented by a friend Kerryn. This is so easy and so good.
- Cut peeled apples into quarters, then each quarter into 5 pieces, then partically cook apple with sugar, keep hot.
- Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter, add sugar, then egg and mix to soft dough.
- Roll out half the pastry and line large, deep flan.
- Spread apples to within 1/2” of top of flan tin.
- Grate remainder of pastry over top and bake 25-30mins at 220 deg C (425 deg F).
- Serve hot or cold, with cream, custard or ice-cream.