Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here is a quick easy apple roll using puff pastry. World’s Best Recipes
Make and share this German Apple Roll: Badische Apfelrolle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry, tarts thawed
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Press dough together; roll out in a large rectangle about 12 inches by 8 inches.
- Spread marmalade on surface of dough, leaving a 1 inch margin on all sides.
- Place apples on top of marmalade on half of the dough.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds, raisins, sugar, and cinnamon on the apple slices.
- Fold other half of pastry over apples.
- Bake in a hot oven (400 degrees F.) for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned.
YUMMMMMM! :-) This is soo easy and tastes sooooo good!. I simply placed the first sheet on my "Rollpat" and rolled it pout just a little bit. placed all the ingredients as listed, leaving a 1-inch border all around. that i brushed with a little egg-wash. then I placed the second sheet on top. Folded the edges over and pressed down with a fork. brushe the whole thing with more egg-wash and then sprinkled with coarse white sugar. I made a few slits in the top to let the steam escape. It was beautiful to look at. Thanks, by the way the orange marmelade was fantastic with this combo!Koechin