Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This gourmet breakfast is SOOO easy to make and turns out beautifully every time. It's a crowd-pleaser so you might want to double the recipe and make more than one.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- Blend eggs, baking mix, sugar, and milk.
- Pour into skillet and bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately loosen and remove from skillet.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Add apples, sugars, and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occassionally until applies are tender.
- Pour apples over pancake.
- Sift powdered sugar over top and serve.
We love this! This is our treat for Sunday mornings. It is very easy to make. We 1/2 the recipe, throw it in a cast iron skillet and place it in a toaster oven at 350. IT does seem to turn out a little different every time but always tastes great!
This is very good. I made this for my daughter and myself and I think my daughter thought I must have lost my mind because we were having dessert for breakfast!! I think because this is pretty sweet it's something I'd make to serve about six people. I'd just give them each a slice about the size of a slice of pie and serve it with fresh fruit. I don't have any cast iron cookwear so I made it in a 9 inch Cake pan and It worked out just fine. I also added a 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon to the pancake batter. Yum! I think the Cinnamon Apples is something I could use with many other things. Like over sliced poundcake and topped with whipped cream or maybe spoon a little over some ice cream. Yum!! I would definately make this again. Especially if I had a small group of people to serve this to. This was so easy to toss together too. Thank you for sharing.
Makes a wonderful Sunday breakfast. Apples can be substituted with other fruits: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, etc. You might need to make two if you have a hungry bunch of folks. Highly recommended!