From Food Nation with Bobby Flay, Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2For the batter: in a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, vanilla, and 3/4 cup sugar.
- 3Blend for about 15 seconds, until combined.
- 4Add the flour and baking powder and mix for 60 seconds more, or until very smooth.
- 5Set the batter aside.
- 6Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- 7Add the apples and cook until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Add the cinnamon and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, sprinkling them evenly over the apples, and cook, stirring, until the apples are glazed and slightly translucent at the edges, about 2 minutes.
- 9Distribute the apples evenly in the skillet and pour the batter over them. (Chef's Note: You may also make 4 individual pancakes, using a smaller pan. Just use 1/4 of the apples and 1/4 of the batter for each.).
- 10Cook until the bottom seems quite firm, about 8 minutes.
- 11Transfer the pan to the broiler and, while watching carefully, cook until the pancake is firm throughout and golden on top.
- 12Cut the pancake into 4 wedges and transfer them, apple side up, to serving plates. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar, place a dollop of crème fraiche on top, and garnish with the strawberries.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Apple Pancake With Creme Fraiche
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 405.7 mg
- Sodium 267.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 57.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g