From Food Nation with Bobby Flay, Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2For the batter: in a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, vanilla, and 3/4 cup sugar.
- 3Blend for about 15 seconds, until combined.
- 4Add the flour and baking powder and mix for 60 seconds more, or until very smooth.
- 5Set the batter aside.
- 6Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- 7Add the apples and cook until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Add the cinnamon and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, sprinkling them evenly over the apples, and cook, stirring, until the apples are glazed and slightly translucent at the edges, about 2 minutes.
- 9Distribute the apples evenly in the skillet and pour the batter over them. (Chef's Note: You may also make 4 individual pancakes, using a smaller pan. Just use 1/4 of the apples and 1/4 of the batter for each.).
- 10Cook until the bottom seems quite firm, about 8 minutes.
- 11Transfer the pan to the broiler and, while watching carefully, cook until the pancake is firm throughout and golden on top.
- 12Cut the pancake into 4 wedges and transfer them, apple side up, to serving plates. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar, place a dollop of crème fraiche on top, and garnish with the strawberries.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Apple Pancake With Creme Fraiche
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 405.7 mg
- Sodium 267.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 57.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g