1/1 Photo of German Apple Pancake(America's Test Kitchen)
This is from the America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book.It is amazing!I made this today for breakfast with Vanilla Bean Maple Syrup.The recipe is so easy to follow and the directions and cooking times are perfect.I used 3 large Gravenstein apples and they were delicious in this.You could use granny smiths,braeburns etc.Instead of half and half that the original recipe calls for I used evaporated milk.I also omiited the salt since my butter was salted.The following recipe is mine,not the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Whisk flour and granulated sugar together in large bowl.In small bowl,whisk milk,eggs and vanilla together.Whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture until smooth with no lumps.
- 3Melt the butter in a 10 inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.Add the apples,brown sugar and cinnamon and cook,stirring often,until apples are golden brown,about 10 minutes.Off the heat,stir in lemon juice.
- 4Quickly pour the batter around the edge of the skillet,then over the apples.Place the skillet in oven and immediately reduce oven to 425 degrees.Bake until the pancake is brown and has risen above the edges of the skillet,about 18 minutes.
- 5Loosen the pancake edges from the hot skillet with a spatula and flip the pancake onto a large plate.Dust with icing sugar if desired.Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Apple Pancake(America's Test Kitchen)
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 120.4 mg
- Sodium 136.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g