Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Short crust pastry with low fat cream cheese, apples and almonds. Very tasty.
FOR THE CRUST
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
FOR THE FILLING
- 2 (8 ounce) packageslight philadelphia brand neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups peeled chopped apples
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup grape jelly or 1⁄3 cup red currant jelly, heated
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg. Add flour; mix well.
- Spread dough onto bottom and 1 1/4 inches up sides of 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 425 Degrees F, for 5 to 7 minutes or until crust is lightly browed.
- Combine Neufchatel cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into crust.
- Top with apples and almonds.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F.; Continue baking 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with jelly.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- CHILL several hours or overnight. 10 to 12 servings.
- Kraft Cookbook.