Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This moist, easy to make homemade cake is from my grandma's recipes. Beautiful in an angel food cake pan and delicious!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (or orange juice, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
- Beat the eggs and sugar; add the oil, juice and vanilla alternately with the flour, baking powder and salt. (If you are mixing by hand, combine the dry ingredients first.)
- Pour half the batter into a bundt or tube pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You can also use a 9x13 inch pan.
- Top with half the apple slices. Combine the 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle half the mixture over the apples.
- Top with remaining batter, apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan 1 hour, then remove to serving platter.
- To make glaze: melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Stir in the sugar and milk and boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sugar crystals are dissolved. Cool several minutes, to drizzling consistency, then spoon over the cake, letting some of the glaze drizzle down the sides.