Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This moist, easy to make homemade cake is from my grandma's recipes. Beautiful in an angel food cake pan and delicious!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (or orange juice, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
- Beat the eggs and sugar; add the oil, juice and vanilla alternately with the flour, baking powder and salt. (If you are mixing by hand, combine the dry ingredients first.)
- Pour half the batter into a bundt or tube pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You can also use a 9x13 inch pan.
- Top with half the apple slices. Combine the 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle half the mixture over the apples.
- Top with remaining batter, apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan 1 hour, then remove to serving platter.
- To make glaze: melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Stir in the sugar and milk and boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sugar crystals are dissolved. Cool several minutes, to drizzling consistency, then spoon over the cake, letting some of the glaze drizzle down the sides.