- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (or less)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare cake, cream together shortening, sugars and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and sour cream and mix well; fold in apples.
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- To prepare topping, mix all ingredients.
- Sprinkle over cake batter before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.