Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Untried by me. Highly recommended by Dad. This was another of my Step Mother's recipes. Look forward to making it soon, seems like a very warm, homey Autumn dessert. If you get to it before me do let me know what you think!
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4-6 apples (peeled, cored, cut into thin slices)
- 118.29 ml walnuts (chopped)
- Beat the eggs, oil and vanilla until foamy.
- Mix the next 5 ingredients (sugar through salt) in a separate bowl.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Fold in apple slices gently.
- Spread into a 9x13 baking pan.
- Top with nuts.
- Bake 350°F for 40-60 minutes.
I thought that 2 cups of sugar would be too much so I used only 1 cup. That way it's perfect. And it's still sweet. I used granny smith apples and gala apples. I wanted to add nuts but I forgot. Anyway I know my son prefer it without nuts and that way he can brings a piece of cake at school. This cake is delicious. I used 6 apples. When I added them to the dough, I thought it was too much but it was perfect. Thanks Nikoma :) Made for PAC Spring 2012