Recipe by Lumberjackie
This is my favourite cake recipe. It's easy to make and absolutely delicious. For an elegant appearance, I use a round baking dish and arrange the apple slices in concentric circles, starting from the outer edges of the cake. Left over cinnamon-apples are great sauted and served with icecream or added to hot breakfast cereals.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 -5 large tart apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 8x8-inch baking dish (I use a round dish).
- Combine butter, sugar (1 cup), and eggs in large bowl and beat thoroughly. Add flour, baking powder, and vanilla, and beat until well blended. Spread evenly in baking dish.
- Combine sugar (1/2 teaspoon) and cinnamon. Peel and core apples and thinly slice into large bowl. Add sugar-cinnamon mixture to taste, coating apples thoroughly. Arrange slices on top of batter in overlapping rows, pressing lightly into batter.
- Bake 1 hour. Cool and cut into squares/wedges.