This is a moist and delicious cake, and very easy to make. Our church used to have an international dinner every January, and I took this one year. It was a big hit! I've made it several times since. Recipe is from The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare cake, cream together shortening, sugars and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and sour cream; mix well.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- To prepare topping, mix all ingredients.
- Sprinkle over cake batter before baking.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.