This is a moist and delicious cake, and very easy to make. Our church used to have an international dinner every January, and I took this one year. It was a big hit! I've made it several times since. Recipe is from The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare cake, cream together shortening, sugars and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and sour cream; mix well.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- To prepare topping, mix all ingredients.
- Sprinkle over cake batter before baking.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
This was very moist and delicious. I used 2 granny smith's apples. It was about a little more than 2 cups. I also used light brown sugar. A very tasty recipe. Thank you for sharing. I made this for the Cake-a-Thon in memory of Chef-I-Am.
This was so easy to make. Wonderful aroma in the kitchen, makes your mouth water. Super texture, good flavour. My wife says ' that's the best recipe, you have tried for apple cake'. Cant be bad. Thanks for the recipe.