Recipe by Olha
During baking, these German cookies form a cake like layer with a crisp “frosting” on top.
- 2 extra large eggs (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise oil
- 1 2⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and anise oil until thick and piled softly.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, add in fourths to egg sugar mixture, blending thoroughly after each addition.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Set cookie sheets aside in a cool place (not in refrigerator) 8 to 10 hours or overnight. Do not cover and do not disturb!
- Bake at 350°F 5 to 7 minutes. About 4 dozen cookies.
- Canadian Family Cookbook.