Bowle is a German summer fruit & wine punch. There are many versions of Bowle. This version relies on tropical fruits and Madeira to give it a unique taste. Bowle is served with clear picks to spear the wine-soaked fruit out of each glass. Plan ahead - the fruit needs to soak several hours before your guests arrive. Translated directly from the German version I found in "Sommerfeste" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12-3 hours before your guests arrive arrive, peel, core, and cut the pineapple into bite-sized chunks on a ridged cutting board to catch any juices.
- 2Place pineapple chunks into a large clear glass punch bowl or Bowle pitcher, pouring in any of the pineapple juices.
- 3Peel mango and cut into small cnunks and add to the pineapple.
- 4Pour the Madeira and 1 bottle of white wine over the fruit.
- 5Cover and chill until the guests arrive.
- 6When the guests arrive, add the remaining wine and the champagne and serve.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Ananas-Mango-Bowle (Pineapple Mango Wine Punch)
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g