Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bowle is a German summer fruit & wine punch. There are many versions of Bowle. This version relies on tropical fruits and Madeira to give it a unique taste. Bowle is served with clear picks to spear the wine-soaked fruit out of each glass. Plan ahead - the fruit needs to soak several hours before your guests arrive. Translated directly from the German version I found in "Sommerfeste" magazine.
- 2-3 hours before your guests arrive arrive, peel, core, and cut the pineapple into bite-sized chunks on a ridged cutting board to catch any juices.
- Place pineapple chunks into a large clear glass punch bowl or Bowle pitcher, pouring in any of the pineapple juices.
- Peel mango and cut into small cnunks and add to the pineapple.
- Pour the Madeira and 1 bottle of white wine over the fruit.
- Cover and chill until the guests arrive.
- When the guests arrive, add the remaining wine and the champagne and serve.
WOW! Strong and wonderful! I used White Zinfadel for the wine. I really think my favorite part was the pineapple chunks soaked in the wine punch, and I think I got tipsy on them alone :-) My friends really loved it also, thought it was strong so next time we will have to watch the amount we drink.