Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Different varieties of scented geranium can be used for a delicious variation of this dessert.
- 1⁄3 cup double cream
- 3 rose-scented geranium leaves
- 9 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 14 ounces berries (raspberries, blueberries or strawberries)
- rose-scented geranium leaves (for garnish)
- caster sugar (for serving)
- In the top of a double boiler gently heat the cream with the pelargonium leaves until just simmering. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove From the heat, cover and leave to cool.
- Strain the cream and gradually stir into the cheese until smooth.
- Add one or two fresh rose pelargonium leaves to the mixture.
- Cover and let stand in a cool place for 12 hours.
- Discard the pelargonium leaves and stir in the caster sugar.
- Spoon the cream into a mound on a serving plate.
- Surround with the berries.
- Serve extra caster sugar or rose geranium sugar for sprinkling over fruits separately.