Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Different varieties of scented geranium can be used for a delicious variation of this dessert.
- 4 large apples
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 8 rose-scented geranium leaves
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Leaving the base of the apples intact, remove the core with a knife or apple corer.
- To prevent the skins from bursting score the skin in several places.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Fill the cavities with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place the geranium leaves in the bottom of a baking dish and stand the apples upright on them.
- Drizzle a little lemon juice on the apples and add a little water.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes or till tender.
- Serve hot, topped with whipped or plain cream.