Recipe by Chocolatl
A very simply seasoned dish using whole peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes. Tomatoes should be ripe but still firm (so they don't fall off the skewer). Use flat skewers if possible. Adapted from the Barbecue Bible. I've changed the number of tomatoes from 6 to 8, so they would come out even.
- 8 small green bell peppers
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 16 large white mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high.
- Thread vegetables onto skewers, alternating like this: pepper, mushroom, tomato, mushroom, etc.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on grill.
- Cook, turning with tongs, until nicely browned, 4-6 minutes per side, basting with oil.
- Squeeze lemon juice over vegetables and serve.