Recipe by Pierre Dance
My friend David made this up using his basic plan for baking fish adding some Svaneti salt as the only seasoning. Svaneti salt is from East Europian Georgia. It is a blend of Caraway seeds, Coriander, Fenugreek, Tellicherry Black Pepper, Garlic, and Aleppo Chilies all ground and mixed with Sea Salt. www.worldspice.com carries it. David claims this works really well with almost any fish. He's a great cook so I believe him.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F with an oven proof frying pan in it.
- David used a tinned copper pan that was oblong, just large enough for the fillet to lay in the bottom.
- Search for bones, wash and prepare the fillet (s).
- Spray both sides lightly with cooking oil.
- Remove the hot pan to a hot burner.
- Place the fish, skin side up in the pan.
- Sear for 30 seconds or so.
- Turn over, sear skin side for 30 seconds sprinkle with Svaneti Salt, and return the pan to the oven.
- Cook until it's just done, 5-10 minutes Be careful not to over cook it.
- Serve with a nice pilaf, a loose leaf lettuce salad and a chilled Reisling.