Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this in TOH, what a great unique salsa. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained (white or shoepeg)
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry roasted salted peanuts
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in peanuts and pepper sauce, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.