Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 8 peaches, peeled, 1-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Prepare Crust: In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and salt; using pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle 5 to 6 tablespoon cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over flour mixture; toss with fork to blend lightly but evenly.
- When mixture forms ball, knead gently 2 or 3 times.
- Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out half dough to 12-inch circle; fit into 9-inch pie plate; trim, leaving 1-inch overhang.
- Roll out remaining half dough to 12-inch circle; using sharp knife cut circle into ten strips, each about 1-inch wide; set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare filling: In large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, 1/4 cup flour, lemon juice, and grated peel; toss well.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Arrange reserved strips of dough in lattice pattern over filling; trim strips to match lower of crust overhang.
- Dampen overhang lightly with water; turn up over ends of strips and seal.
- Flute edge decoratively.
- Brush lattice strips and edge of crust with milk; bake 50 minutes until bubbling and crust is golden brown.
I don't usually love pies, but this filling was scrumptious. Citrusy and sticky! I used frozen peaches without a problem.
This pie was good even with store bought pie crust, frozen peaches. I also added about 1 tsp of cinnamon and used 3/4 cup of sugar as DH likes things a little sweeter and turned out really tasty. Thanks for recipe, putting this one in my cookbook as i'll use this one again.
Used frozen peaches and it still turned out great... not watery at all. Great recipe!