Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A recipe that lets the peaches shine. To prevent soggy double crust pies, be sure to make slits in the top crust so the steam can escape as the pie is baking. Also, bake double crust pies in bottom third of the oven so the bottom crust cooks enough to prevent sogginess and so that the top crust does not brown too quickly. To prevent a mess in the oven, place the pie plate on a layer of foil or on a cookie sheet. If the filling overflows while baking, the foil or cookie sheet will catch the drips.
- Fit pastry in bottom of pie pan.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, tapioca and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add peaches and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle on almond extract; stir.
- Pour peach mixture into pastry shell; dot with butter.
- Place remaining pie crust over filling.
- Trim edges; seal and flute.
- Cut slits in top crust. (Top crust may be brushed with milk and sprinkled with sugar.).
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.