1 hr 20 mins
A recipe that lets the peaches shine. To prevent soggy double crust pies, be sure to make slits in the top crust so the steam can escape as the pie is baking. Also, bake double crust pies in bottom third of the oven so the bottom crust cooks enough to prevent sogginess and so that the top crust does not brown too quickly. To prevent a mess in the oven, place the pie plate on a layer of foil or on a cookie sheet. If the filling overflows while baking, the foil or cookie sheet will catch the drips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fit pastry in bottom of pie pan.
- 2Combine sugar, brown sugar, tapioca and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add peaches and toss gently to coat.
- 4Sprinkle on almond extract; stir.
- 5Pour peach mixture into pastry shell; dot with butter.
- 6Place remaining pie crust over filling.
- 7Trim edges; seal and flute.
- 8Cut slits in top crust. (Top crust may be brushed with milk and sprinkled with sugar.).
- 9Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- 10Reduce heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 11Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Georgia Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.1
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 329.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g