Recipe by macy0611
This is yummy...really good with ice cream
Top Review by Chicagopm
I made this for people at work yesterday. By the end of the day, everything was gone. I was apprehensive about the 325 degree temp. so I increased the oven temp to almost 350 (plus I used a glass baking dish). Normally I don't decrease the oven temp when I use this glass baking dish, but I digress... Even at the higher temp, I had to bake this well over an hour. The end result was a tasty and moist cake. A light dusting with powdered sugar would have been nice but I opted to put white frosting on it (store bought) because I am working with a horde of sweet-toothed youngsters. Thank you for this nice cake recipe!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh diced peaches or 1 (15 ounce) cansliced peaches, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup milk, of you may use the juice from canned peaches instead of th milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix oil and sugar well.
- Add eggs--mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 325°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour until done.
- Cool in pan and cut into squares.