1/1 Photo of Georgia Peach Cake
1 hr 3 mins
From "Cooking Up A Storm" cookbook. Great for when fresh peaches are in season!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large fresh peaches, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ice cream, vanilla or peach
- 1Combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; stir well. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with a pastry blender until topping mixture is crumbly. Cover and chill. This will be your topping.
- 2Combine 1/3 cup sugar, tapioca, and nutmeg in a large heavy saucepan; stir well. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 6 to 8 minutes or until the mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. Spoon into a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3Combine sour cream and soda in a small bowl; stir well. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Beat 1/4 cup butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating well. Add egg, beating well. Add the sour cream mixture and vanilla, stirring until blended.
- 4Combine 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Mix at low speed just until blended. Spoon the batter over the warm peach mixture. Sprinkle the chilled topping mixture over the batter.
- 5Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Georgia Peach Cake
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 218.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 48.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g