2 hrs 15 mins
This is an easy bread pudding recipe. I of course changed it from the original in my quest for the perfect bread pudding hehe. This uses canned peaches making it doable for any time of the year. Serve with Vanilla ice cream or just say to heck with the calories and pour a ton of cream over it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups shredded Hawaiian bread
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 -2 1/2 cups sliced canned peaches, drained and juice reserved
- 1/2 cup of the reserved peach juice
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, heated to barely hot
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Butter an 11X7 baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and eggs, blending well; add peaches, peach juice, hot water and heated cream, melted butter, cinnamon, extracts and nutmeg.
- 4Add bread. Stir well, moistening completely; cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to three, stirring occasionally.
- 5Turn into prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool slightly and serve with ice cream, heavy cream or a dessert sauce; refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Georgia Peach Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.5
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.8 mg
- Sodium 140.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: