Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an easy bread pudding recipe. I of course changed it from the original in my quest for the perfect bread pudding hehe. This uses canned peaches making it doable for any time of the year. Serve with Vanilla ice cream or just say to heck with the calories and pour a ton of cream over it.
- 4 cups shredded Hawaiian bread
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups sliced canned peaches, drained and juice reserved
- 1⁄2 cup of the reserved peach juice
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, heated to barely hot
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter an 11X7 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and eggs, blending well; add peaches, peach juice, hot water and heated cream, melted butter, cinnamon, extracts and nutmeg.
- Add bread. Stir well, moistening completely; cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to three, stirring occasionally.
- Turn into prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve with ice cream, heavy cream or a dessert sauce; refrigerate leftovers.