Recipe by Melanie Murray
Being a "Georgia Peach" myself, I had to submit this recipe. It is so delicious and very refreshing. Try it---no way you won't like it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 1⁄4 cups pureed peaches
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add peach puree and dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and chopped pecans and stir until blended.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans (about 5x9 inches) that have been well greased and floured.
- Bake at 325 for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let bread cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.