Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Being a "Georgia Peach" myself, I had to submit this recipe. It is so delicious and very refreshing. Try it---no way you won't like it.
- Cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add peach puree and dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and chopped pecans and stir until blended.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans (about 5x9 inches) that have been well greased and floured.
- Bake at 325 for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let bread cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
I'm sorry to say that I did not like this at all. I love peaches but it tasted odd to me. I also cooked it for longer than stated and it still tasted doughy.
I used can peaches since the recipe didn't specify and I think I probably should have used fresh peaches because you could barely taste the peach in the bread and I think fresh ones would have been more flavorful. Actually the bread tasted nothing like peaches and I had to cook it a lot longer than the recipee said. Still after the extra time it came out tasting doughy and undercooked. However, I am still giving the recipee a 3 because it did have a good overall taste.