Recipe by nita 284904 southern girl
A well textured, moist not overly sweet loaf. Took a loaf to work and everyone loved it.I've made this recipe several times. I used a good quality of canned peaches and it came out perfect. I copied this recipe from 50 plus sight.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This bread is moist & soft. I do usually like my breads on the sweeter side & in the future will probably dust the pans with cinnamon & sugar instead of the flour. I have never tried peach bread before but was pleasantly surprised with the subtle peach flavor. The one thing I was not expecting is for them to not rise. I know I used fresh baking powder as I baked recipe #294374 yesterday & didn't have a problem with it's rising. I didn't use the nuts this time as I'm feeding 12 tomorrow, some with allergies, but next time I'll be sure to add them, as pecans are my favorite. Thanks for sharing, nita! Made for PAC Spring 2009 Orphanage.
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 532.32 ml fresh peaches, pureed
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortning. Add eggs and mix thoroughly. Puree peaches in a blender, add to creamed mixture with dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Add vanilla extract and chopped nuts, stir until blended. Pour into two 9x5 inch well greased and floured loaf pans. Bake 325 degrees 55 to 60 minutes. Let set in pans a few minutes before removing.