Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Not too many things are better than fresh peach pie. This one is a goodie.
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups fresh peach slices, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour over pie crust; set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons flour, sugar, salt, nutmeg, corn syrup and eggs to a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Fold in peaches and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Pour mixture into piecrust.
- Mix together the remaining flour and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Cut in 2 tablespoons butter using a pastry blender, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add chopped pecans and stir.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over peach filling.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until center of pie is set (cover crust edges with foil after 35 minutes to prevent over browning).
Had to let you know that this pie won first prize last weekend at the county fair. Luckily I made two so my husband could have his own. Eat it warmed with a drop of whipped cream and its a small slice of heaven! Thanks Nurse Di.