Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Not too many things are better than fresh peach pie. This one is a goodie.
Top Review by Daisy Daze
Had to let you know that this pie won first prize last weekend at the county fair. Luckily I made two so my husband could have his own. Eat it warmed with a drop of whipped cream and its a small slice of heaven! Thanks Nurse Di.
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups fresh peach slices, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour over pie crust; set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons flour, sugar, salt, nutmeg, corn syrup and eggs to a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Fold in peaches and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Pour mixture into piecrust.
- Mix together the remaining flour and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Cut in 2 tablespoons butter using a pastry blender, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add chopped pecans and stir.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over peach filling.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until center of pie is set (cover crust edges with foil after 35 minutes to prevent over browning).