Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 5 peaches, skinned and pitted and cut in wedges
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 -2 large apple, cored, peeled and cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch nutmeg, ground
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats or 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 -10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Servings: 6 Prepare fruit. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2- to 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches and apples with apricot nectar, orange juice, vanilla, sugar, flour, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Set aside.
- Make a topping by combining pecans, oatmeal, flour and brown sugar.
- Slowly drizzle in butter, tossing mixture with a fork to make a mealy topping.
- Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- Bake until juices of fruit start to bubble, around 30-40 minutes.
- Cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
Absolutely delicious! I used 6 large peaches and 1 apple (apple very thinly sliced so that it would cook within time allotted). I used an apricot-orange-peach juice for all 4 tbsp, and I made a little extra topping and baked in an 8 x 13 glass dish. The pecans really add a little something extra to the recipe. Try it!
Excellent!!! I used fresh peeled peaches and no apples. I used all orange juice and left out the ginger since my kids do not like the flavor. The topping is what makes this!!! Thanks for sharing!
Yum Yummy! I had some peaches I had to use up, and some good looking Granny Smiths, so decided to look for a crisp or cobbler using both. When I saw this one I was so excited! I used apple juice in place of the apricot nectar, but other than that, followed the directions. This was a mouth watering crisp recipe Mel! It really filled the craving I was having for a fall time dessert, and we will have it again, as it was easy to make and the results were excellent! I topped ours with some peach ice cream to make it a great ending to our Sunday dinner!