Recipe by Juju Bee
This is a recipe that I got from one of my husband's Marine friend's Mother. She came up to Virginia to visit him, and she cooked everyone a Southern Feast! My husband fell in love with the macaroni and cheese, so I asked her for the recipe, and, here it is! NOTE: This recipe is really just made by feel. After reading the reviews I received I re-adjusted the amount of milk in the recipe. Feel free to add, or subtract the amounts of salt, pepper, cheese or milk! Enjoy!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 -8 slices American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 4 cups of salted water and add the macaroni; cook 8 minutes, or until done; Drain macaroni and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over LOW heat.
- Add cheese slices, one by one, until all are melted through, and cheese is smooth.
- Stir in the canned milk, more or less to your desired consistency.
- Add drained macaroni to cheese mixture; add salt and pepper to taste, and mix well until coated.
- Serve immediately.