This is a recipe that I got from one of my husband's Marine friend's Mother. She came up to Virginia to visit him, and she cooked everyone a Southern Feast! My husband fell in love with the macaroni and cheese, so I asked her for the recipe, and, here it is! NOTE: This recipe is really just made by feel. After reading the reviews I received I re-adjusted the amount of milk in the recipe. Feel free to add, or subtract the amounts of salt, pepper, cheese or milk! Enjoy!
- Boil 4 cups of salted water and add the macaroni; cook 8 minutes, or until done; Drain macaroni and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over LOW heat.
- Add cheese slices, one by one, until all are melted through, and cheese is smooth.
- Stir in the canned milk, more or less to your desired consistency.
- Add drained macaroni to cheese mixture; add salt and pepper to taste, and mix well until coated.
- Serve immediately.
This was easy to make and good to eat. I used 8 slices of white American cheese and it was just perfect.
Way better than boxed macaroni. Takes only a little longer to make but worth it for the taste!
This was good, especially easy for a weeknight dinner. I had to use up some leftover slices of American cheese from the deli before they went bad and this recipe was perfect for that. I think this would be good with Kraft cheese slices too. Will try that next time. Thanks!