1/3 Photos of Georgia Macaroni With American Cheese
Juju Bee's Note:
This is a recipe that I got from one of my husband's Marine friend's Mother. She came up to Virginia to visit him, and she cooked everyone a Southern Feast! My husband fell in love with the macaroni and cheese, so I asked her for the recipe, and, here it is! NOTE: This recipe is really just made by feel. After reading the reviews I received I re-adjusted the amount of milk in the recipe. Feel free to add, or subtract the amounts of salt, pepper, cheese or milk! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 4 cups of salted water and add the macaroni; cook 8 minutes, or until done; Drain macaroni and set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter over LOW heat.
- 3Add cheese slices, one by one, until all are melted through, and cheese is smooth.
- 4Stir in the canned milk, more or less to your desired consistency.
- 5Add drained macaroni to cheese mixture; add salt and pepper to taste, and mix well until coated.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Georgia Macaroni With American Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 334.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.1 g