Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From *The World Encyclopedia of Coffee* & named after the U.S. state of Georgia, famous for its peaches. *Enjoy* !
- 1 (20 ounce) can peach slices in syrup
- 3 cups strong black coffee
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger (generous pinch)
- orange, zest of, to garnish as desired
- Drain peaches & reserve syrup. In a blender or using an immersion blender, process half of the coffee & peaches for 1 minute.
- In a clean bowl, whip the cream, taking care not to overwhip.
- Put 1 cup cold water, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger & peach syrup in a saucepan & bring to a boil over mod heat. Reduce heat, simmer for 1 minute & then remove from heat.
- Add blended peach/coffee mixture + the rest of the coffee to the pan & stir well. Serve topped w/whipped cream & garnished w/orange zest as desired.
Sorry twissis this just wasn?t quite my cup of coffee. I knew it was going to be sweet but somehow the sweet just seemed to take over. The mistake might have been mine in that the recipe just said in syrup and I took that to mean heave syrup and think it should have been light.
This was an interesting coffee. It wasn't bad but not quite what I was expecting. The coffee really outweighs the peach flavor. I think this might be better done as a latte where you have a much smaller amount of coffee to flavor. Everything was fantastic till I added the last half of the coffee, so maybe even just reducing the amount of coffee. Over all this recipe is worth me experimenting with it further :)