Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is new to me, thought you might like to try it! One package of saltines is about 40 crackers.
Make and share this Georgia Cracker Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (4 ounce) package saltine crackers
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium size bowl, coarsely crush the crackers with your hands- you should have big cracker pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, and serve immediately.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
This is an amazingly simple and good salad. Great for BBQs. DO NOT MAKE IN ADVANCE, the crackers will get soggy. If you want to take it to a pot luck, mix the veggies and mayo together in the bowl and carry your croakers separately. Then you can add them in just when it is ready to be served.
I have not made this YET, but have had it at one of my church functions. It is different and delicious!!!! Update: 6/12/07 - I have finally prepared this for myself. Easy and delicious. I prepared exactly as directed, using as small amount of mayo as I could get by with to hold the mixture together. I absolutely love this stuff LOL! Personally, I don't mind if the crackers get soggy (ie, leftovers, if there are any), the flavor is still there. I am one of those who like soggy cereal too, so it is a personal thing. I will repeat this often. Thanks Sharon123!
this is great sorda like a mayo and tomato sandwich which we southerns love,i cant wait until summer so i can make it with vine ripe tomatoes