Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 1⁄3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 9 slices bread, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thoroughly mix sugar, evaporated milk, whole milk and egg yolks.
- Add butter, raisins, vanilla and spices.
- Mix well.
- Add bread cubes and toss to saturate bread.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes until pudding is ligh tly browned and set. Let cool before cutting.
- Cut into squares.
- Reheat in microwave before serving if desired.
This was awesome! Imade it with homemade brioche and it was fantastic...didn't even make to the cooled stage!
Yum! Nice basic bread pudding. Just keep an eye on the top to make sure it doesn't brown too fast. Good comfort food.