Recipe by Tish
Posted in response to request. I have not tried this recipe. Could be used over rice or as a condiment. Times are estimated
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
I cut this in half because the quantity is so large. I thought it was delicious. It took a tremendous amount of convincing to get my son and husband to try this, because they thought it looked terrible (men are so weird), but once they did, they also loved it. I served it over rice, although personally I preferred it on its own.
- 2 -3 lbs lean pork roast
- 2 -3 lbs lean beef roast or 2 -3 lbs chuck
- 1 lb white meat chicken (optional)
- 1 large onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 can white corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into large chunks.
- Place in a heavy pot and add water to barely cover.
- Simmer more than an hour.
- When the meat is very tender, drain and reserve any broth.
- Grind the meat with a coarse hand grinder or chop finely.
- (Using a food processor destroys the texture.) Grind one large onion.
- Place onion and the meat back into the pot and add one large can of tomatoes-juice and all.
- Add corn, vinegar and seasonings.
- Simmer a few minutes.
- Add the reserved broth to the meat until it reaches the consistency of stew.
- Serve it over white rice or bread with dill pickles on the side as a condiment.