Simple whole wheat pizza dough, made using a mixer with a dough hook.
Make and share this George's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the yeast and the water, stir until dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix using a dough hook.
- Knead dough until it forms a nice ball, using extra flour if necessary.
- Let rest for at least 1/2 hour.
- Bake at 450* for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Do you wear an apron? I love men in aprons. Used for grilled pizza. See! I'm not a one-trick pony.
This was great, I used 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour instead. It was light and fluffy but healthy. I also prebakes mine for 8 minutes or so on a pizza stone, then removed from the stone after I topped it and cooked on the top rack for additional 9-10 minutes. very yummy! will definatly use this recipe again....my husband(who is very picky) even liked it. It had a great crunch and was not dense like most wheat doughs I've tried.
Ridiculously easy and delicious. This was my first attempt at homemade pizza dough as well and it turned out so well. I divided the risen dough into 4 balls and rolled out individual sized pizzas. I sprayed both sides with olive oil and grilled in a gas grill preheated to 500F for about a minute on each side (lid open and watch it like a hawk!) with the flame on medium-low. I then topped each pizza and grilled on medium-low until the bottom was done and cheese bubbling hot.