Recipe by vescovo
I experimented tweaking several recipes until I came out with the perfect pizza dough. It's light, thin, crispy, and delicious!
Top Review by graciethebaker
This recipe worked really well for me. I chose to use my kitchenaid mixer instead of the processor and cooked the pizza on my grill. The crust had a perfect crispy crust. i will use this recipe again. Thanks!
- 1 lb unbleached flour (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water to 105 to 115°F, dissolve sugar in water, add yeast and proof until foamy (about 5 minutes).
- Add flour, salt, and 2 tablespoon olive oil to food processor.
- Turn food processor on.
- Pour in water through feeding tube.
- Process until dough forms a ball (about 1 minute). Dough will be a little sticky.
- Let dough rise in a large covered plastic container for about an 1 hour (until doubled in size).
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to 500°F.
- Cut dough in four pieces and roll one piece out on large flour dusted surface.
- Then continue to stretch dough by letting it hang from your fingertips.
- Pass dough around your finger tips so it will stretch evenly.
- Place dough on peel dusted with cornmeal, top how you want it.
- Cook until edges are golden (5-10 minutes).