I have made this recipe in the past and I am posting it in honor of Judy- Jude. Also posting for the "Cookathon" in memory of her (Jan, 09). She had many favorite recipes, however, this one by her father she really liked. I refer to it as KFC Judy D's Father's Recipe. It is very good.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Place in a 13"x9"x2" pan with shortening & butter in the oven, melt the shortening & butter.
- Place chicken skin side down in melted shortening & butter.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken; cook 30 minutes longer or until thickest pieces are fork tender and juices run clear when pierced.
- NOTE:. This recipe is basically written as is, which I had received from Judy. She has also substituted skinless chicken pieces. And I have often added more spices, to make it similar to Kentucky Fried Chicken -- and used boneless chicken as well. Enjoy, it is a very good recipe and a withh a nice KFC taste as well.