Recipe by crispychick
My brother's friend George threw this one together on a camping trip and we picked his brain as to exactly how he did it. I've made it both at home and on the campfire and every time it's easy, delicious, and satisfying.
- 5 -7 lbs boston butt, boned,trimmed of fat,cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 carrots, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer (Budweiser)
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Crystal hot sauce
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute pork in a hot cast iron Dutch oven until seared and slightly cooked.
- Add chopped vegetables, cover, and cook until tender.
- (At this point the entire contents could be added to a crockpot and cooked on high) Add beer, teryaki sauce, hot sauce, citrus juices, and salt and pepper and cook, covered, on or near some hot coals (or in a 350 degree oven) for 2-3 hours or until pork is almost falling apart.
- Good served in a bowl over white rice or mashed potatoes.