Recipe by Niki Zuidema
My stepdad makes this and it is the best baked chicken I have ever had!
Top Review by rosie316
This recipe has potential. I made it as stated, but I will alter things next time. Too much salt! I will sub out the garlic salt and onion salt for powders next time around. And it only took approx 2 cups of water to make the 1 inch required, but 4 chicken bouillon cubes were way to much. I would also have to say that this is more of a "roasted" chicken, rather than "baked". All in all, a nice (but salty) dinner. Thank you for sharing. (Made for PAC - Spring 2013)
- 1 whole chicken
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- black pepper
- 1 lb potato
- 10 -12 carrots
- 5 -6 stalks celery
- 4 -5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken and season the cavity with garlic salt, onion salt and pepper.
- Put in baking dish (or similar size pan).
- Add more garlic salt, onion salt and pepper to the skin.
- Add potatoes, cut in half.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Dissolve boullion cubes in water and pour over chicken and veggies.
- Add enough water in the pan to cover the bottom about 1/2 to 1-inch.
- Cut up butter and put in liquid.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting every half hour.
- Uncover last half hour for crispy chicken.