2 hrs 10 mins
Niki Zuidema's Note:
My stepdad makes this and it is the best baked chicken I have ever had!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicken and season the cavity with garlic salt, onion salt and pepper.
- 2Put in baking dish (or similar size pan).
- 3Add more garlic salt, onion salt and pepper to the skin.
- 4Add potatoes, cut in half.
- 5Add carrots and celery.
- 6Dissolve boullion cubes in water and pour over chicken and veggies.
- 7Add enough water in the pan to cover the bottom about 1/2 to 1-inch.
- 8Cut up butter and put in liquid.
- 9Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting every half hour.
- 10Uncover last half hour for crispy chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for George's Best Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1069.0
- Calories from Fat 736
- Total Fat 81.7 g
- Saturated Fat 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 295.0 mg
- Sodium 1383.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 47.9 g