Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My stepdad makes this and it is the best baked chicken I have ever had!
Make and share this George's Best Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Wash chicken and season the cavity with garlic salt, onion salt and pepper.
- Put in baking dish (or similar size pan).
- Add more garlic salt, onion salt and pepper to the skin.
- Add potatoes, cut in half.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Dissolve boullion cubes in water and pour over chicken and veggies.
- Add enough water in the pan to cover the bottom about 1/2 to 1-inch.
- Cut up butter and put in liquid.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting every half hour.
- Uncover last half hour for crispy chicken.