Prep 45 mins
Cook 168 hrs
This'll put hair on our chests! Check out all the liquor in this! I think the combination is inspired...
- 1 pint brandy
- 1⁄2 pint rye whiskey
- 1⁄2 pint jamaican rum
- 1⁄4 pint sherry wine
- 12 eggs, separated
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 1 quart heavy cream
- MIX LIQUOR FIRST.
- Separate yolks and whites of the eggs*.
- Add sugar to beaten yolks and mix well.
- Add combined liquors to the yolk and sugar mixture, drop by drop at first, slowly beating it all the while.
- Add cream and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites* until stiff and gently fold these into cream liquor and yolk mixture.
- Let this sit in the refrigerator for several days.
- Taste frequently.
- *I always remove the white thingum from eggs.
We make this every year. Strong but consistently good and mellows with age.. We let sit for almost 2 weeks.
Well, i just finished making it,and of course i had to sample it, WOW! Pretty strong stuff, yet not over powering.