Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
My mother made this for me instead of a cake on my birthday since I was born on George Washingtons birthday. It has always been a hit with my family.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup meleted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (soften)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Mix the melted butter with the graham crackers and press into a 8x8 dish.
- Bake for 8 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Cool
- Cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar and spread over the cooled crust, sprinkle with chopped nuts and spread the cool whip over this and chill for about an hour. Spread the cherry pie filling over the cool whip. Keep refrigerated.
- Will keep several days in the refrigerator.
I great quick dessert! I didn't use the nuts, but I think it was just as good. I also think you could use blueberry pie filling if you like that better. Such a simple pie to throw together.