Recipe by NannyMarvel
This recipe is from the Cherry Marketing Institute. Since I love jello salads and I love cherries, it was absolutely made for me.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I did use toasted pecans, & another time I might just use some candied pecans! Between the fruits here & the combo of cream cheese & sour cream, this is A GREAT TASTING SALAD! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Election Eats tagging event]
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, mix gelatin with 2 cups boiling water until dissoved.
- Add cherry pie filling and pineapple with juice. Mix well.
- Pour into 13X9X2 inch pan and refrigerate until gelatin is set.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth.
- Spread over salad after gelatin is set.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with nuts just before serving.